As Scott announced last Sunday, we’ll be having a work party at the 210 this Saturday from 9:00am until 2:00pm to do a few things around the building to prepare for a couple inspections that we need to get so that we can obtain a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy. The City of Hamilton continues to show us grace as we walk through the process of preparing to leave the 210 for our future home at the StarTek building. The Temp Certificate of Occupancy is good news and very much an answer to prayer…God continues to show us favor!
Ben and I realize its pretty short notice, but we don’t have a lot of time before we are being required by the city of Hamilton to get the appropriate inspections. So hopefully we can have a good turnout this weekend. There really are some very simple tasks so don’t feel like you won’t be of use if you don’t have master carpentry building skills. Please reply if you can make it so that we are as prepared as possible. If you can only come for an hour or two, we’ll take anything we can get.
Here’s a list of some of the things we’ll be working on:
- Install water temperature control devices at all functioning bathroom faucets (i think there are 5)
- Panic Bars installed at all egress door locations
- Remove all non-compliant door hardware (dead bolts at egress doors, no latches on any doors, etc.)
- Fix the gate in Classroom A (room closest to Big K’Ville)
- Remove the gate at Classroom B (room to the left of Classroom A)
- Remove the sliding barn door at K’Ville Entry
- Frame a wall behind the K’Ville sign-in desk to replace the curtain (really only necessary for sound dampening purposes, but should be really quick and easy – studs, sound insulation, and some drywall); frame directly below the pallet bulkhead
- Remove the 36″ wide sliding door near the coffee bar and turn into a swinging door (swing out into the commons area as per drawings); the large sliding door at the coffee bar can remain
- Flip the swing of the entry door to big K’Ville – it needs to swing OUT into the K’Ville “foyer”
- Cover the glass window in Big K’Ville class (next to door) with plywood (or any other substrate that might be laying around!) since there is not a “tempered” etching on it to confirm that the glass panel is tempered glass
- Make sure there are only 195 seats in the main gathering space
- Add an additional attachment point to the ceiling at the decorative window panel wall (to strengthen it)
- Remove the egg crate foam panels on the wall at the sound booth
- Shift the ladder light over the stage back from the sprinkler
- Remove the burlap at the sound booth to expose the wiring
Thanks everyone. We look forward to serving alongside those of you who are able to make it!
Jeremy & Ben