In case you didn’t know, we partner with the local parachurch ministry YoungLives to serve, support and connect with teen moms in our community. In a couple of weeks, we have a sweet opportunity to send them and their children off to a YoungLives summer camp!
Here are the tangible opportunities we have and want to fill:
Monday, July 17th
- Four drivers to pickup moms and drop them off at Wilson Middle School in Hamilton by 6:00am. They’ll be carpooling together to camp from Wilson.
- Someone(s) to bring coffee, bagels, muffins, etc. for the seven moms who will be meeting at the school that morning.
- A group of men and women to simply be there to send them off – maybe hold a baby, help load luggage, etc. – knowing they have a community of people cheering them on here at home.
Saturday, July 22nd
- Drivers to pick the moms up between 6:00 and 8:00pm at Wilson Middle School and take them back home upon their return.
- A group of men and women to simply be there to welcome them back – again, maybe holding a baby, helping unload luggage, etc. – and reminding them that after a really great week, they’re returning to a place where they’re still loved and supported.
Contact Katie Powers if you’re interested in helping with any of these opportunities. We’d love to have a great group of people surrounding and supporting these teen moms as they head off to camp to get away, hear the good news, and experience the love of Christ in a unique way.