Western culture is known for being pretty individualistic. But how does that mesh with the collectivism we often see commanded, expressed, and upheld by God in both the Old and New Testaments? The sins of one man brings consequences on a whole nation. People confess and repent for the transgressions of people they’ve never met. The value and purpose of our gifts are inextricably tied to the way they build up others. How do we fit our perceived right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in there? Aren’t we free to find ourselves and build our lives apart from the problems and burdens of others? We discuss that and more on this week’s episode!
- Formed & Sent Listeners Group (Facebook)
- Individualism and the Gospel | Ed Stetzer (links to other articles, too)
- How Youth Like Me Learn Expressive Individualism | Jaquelle Crowe
- Individualism vs. Collectivism | GotQuestions
- Contrarian Reflections on Individualism | DA Carson
Stream above or download the MP3.