In the second and final (for now!) episode on violence in the bible, we tackle the New Testament. What does this section of the Scriptures have to say about the topic at hand? Does it jive with the Old Testament or contradict it? How should we think about self-defense, war, and serving in occupations where using lethal force might not only be expected but inevitable?
We’ll do our best to address our listener questions this week. If you want to continue the conversation, head over to our Listeners Group on Facebook. And if you’ve not listened to last week’s episode, we highly encourage you to do so! We lay the groundwork for this week’s conversation there.
- Formed & Sent Listeners Group (Facebook)
- Brutally Honest: Violence in the Old Testament (last week’s episode)
- Is God Genocidal? (16-Minute Mini Episode w/Scott)
- Gun Ownership as Civic Virtue (Douglas Wilson)
- The Bible on Self-Defense: Response to Douglas Wilson (Preston Sprinkle)
- Why John Stott Changed His Mind on Pacifism (Trevin Wax)
- Can Christians Ever Use Violence? Part 1 | Part 2 (Trevin Wax & Preston Sprinkle)
Stream above or download the MP3.