When it comes to common tensions within Christian theology, many of them have ties to one doctrine in particular: the sovereignty of God. In this new series, we’ll try to alleviate some tension, make room for mystery, and clear up misunderstandings as we discuss how God’s sovereignty relates to things like evangelism, prayer, salvation, suffering, and evil. But to kick things off, we’re tackling one of the biggest questions that comes to folks minds: How can I have free will if God is sovereign over everything? That and more on this week’s episode!
- How does God’s sovereignty work together with free will? | Got Questions
- Is God Sovereign Over My Free Will? | Desiring God (audio)
- Tough Questions: Sovereignty vs. Free Will | Ligonier (audio)
- If Predestination Is True, Then How Can There Be Free Will? | CARM
- The Free Will Question | Ravi Zacharias Ministries (video)
- Free Will | William Lane Craig
- Dr. N.T. Wright on Predestination | NT Wright (video)
- What would Paul think of our modern discussions about “free will?” | NT Wright (note)
- God’s Sovereignty & Human Responsibility | Tim Keller (video)
- God’s Sovereignty & Man’s Responsibility | John MacArthur (video)
Stream above or download the MP3.