We continue our series of “God and ___” today by discussing the problem of evil and suffering. If God’s all-powerful and good, how can he let bad things happen? Is he not all powerful? Is he not all good? And if he’s neither of those things, then how is he God at all? These are questions that people from all walks of life have asked across the ages, be they scholars, theologians, or philosophers or simply those who have endured suffering and evil in this life. This week, Matt, Michael, and Scott merely try to frame these questions within a biblical worldview – which sometimes complicates things even more!
- What is Theodicy? | Got Questions
- Why Does God Allow Evil? | Unbelievable Podcast
- Does Evil Disprove God? | Alvin Plantinga (video 1 | video 2)
- Providence and Evil
- Sovereign Over Evil
- Evil in God’s Providential Rule
- The Problem(s) of Evil
- Is God Less Glorious Because He Ordained That Evil Be
- Suffering and the Sovereignty of God (whole eBook!)
- The Theology of Suffering and Reformed African Americans
- With all this suffering, how could there be a God? | Tim Keller (video)
- Theodicy and the Problem of Evil: Toward a Christian Theodicy Which Explains all of Evil | Adam Stetser
- Why Did God Allow the Fall? | James Anderson
Stream above or download the MP3.