What is “toxic masculinity?” While the world has its own definitions and the Christian worldview would agree with it on some things, we can’t truly talk about “toxic masculinity” without discussing true masculinity – not defined by social norms or organizations, but by God himself. Only then can we fight against what’s toxic by fighting for the flourishing of true masculinity in our homes, neighborhoods, and churches. Matt, Michael and Scott talk about this and more on this week’s episode of the Formed & Sent Podcast!
Varied Perspectives Inside and Outside the Church:
- ‘Gillette’ Commercial (YouTube)
- ‘Egard Watches’ Commercial (YouTube)
- American Psychological Association Claims ‘Traditional Masculinity’ Is ‘Psychologically Harmful’ (Article, TGC)
- Wild at Heart (Article, Sam Storms)
- Debatable: Should Cultural Expectations Shape Christian Views of Masculinity? (Article / Back-and-Forth w/Michael Horton and Doug Wilson)
- What’s the Difference? (PDF Book, John Piper)
- Pastoral Paper (Center for Faith, Sexuality, & Gender, PDF Paper – Pages 3-9)
- Be a Man: A Discussion on a Biblical Masculinity (Transcript, White Horse Inn)
- What Is Toxic Masculinity? (Article, Got Questions)
- How the Christian masculinity movement is ruining men (Editorial, Religion News Service)
Stream above or download the MP3.