In April 2019, The Village hosted its second annual Sexual Assault Awareness Month Seminar. This year’s event was built around a panel conversation that included both personal and clinical perspectives on sexual assault, trauma, and grooming, as well as ways help and healing can be found in community resources and through the gospel.
Sexual assault is an issue that affects the family and the mission of the local church. Whether you’re a survivor wanting to take the next step towards health or someone wanting to take the next step towards education, The Village wants to support you on your journey. Don’t hesitate to contact us for pastoral care, referrals, or anything else you might need.
Below are some resources that you might find helpful:
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
- Valued 2019 Conference (media)
- Women Helping Women (assistance for men, too!)
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network)
- Rid of My Disgrace: Hope and Healing for Victims of Sexual Assault (book)
- Rivers Crossing Community Church: Restoration Groups
- Hope and Restoration After Sexual Abuse (online seminar)
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma (book)
Stream above or download the MP3.